Sunday, August 31, 2008

Rod update and other stuff



I got a lot done on the rod this weekend. I glued up the cork rings for the handle Friday night. I spent Saturday making reel seat parts for four rods including the one I am working on here.

Earlier today I finished turning the aluminum reel seat parts and the cork for the handle. Pic #1 is the glue up and Pic #2 shows the turned handle, the reel seat barrel on the mandrel and some of the aluminum seat parts.

I recently got my hands on an aluminum anodizing set up so the plan is to engrave and anodize the aluminum parts. Because I don't want to put a whole lot of time into these I am going to try and engrave it with the "transition" style or flair cut style that Ron smith has been using.

I finished out last week by completing designs for a Chinese New Year parade dragon theme for a knife and a falcon themed pen. I am working on an African safari themed knife for another customer. Its been busy around here.

No comments: