Wednesday, August 27, 2008

pics of Thor




Here are pics of the recently finished Thor pen parts. David used my fly rod hood design as an influence for the sleeve shapes on this set or Norse god pens.

The sleeve and cap top are made of titanium. The yellow is 24K gold inlay and the red is copper inlay. The sleeve has Thor with his hammer and iron gloves. Norse lattice design with Thor's two goats wrap around the back of the sleeve. The cap top has a gold inlay image of a pendant design based on Thor's hammer.

I am still learning to use the new camera and I need to get better control of the depth of field on some of these macro shots. The good news is they look a LOT better than pics I was taking with my other camera. Sam Alfano was kind enough to give me a few tips on taking this type of photo and it has helped a lot.

2 comments:

David Broadwell said...

Ray, this may just be one of the best figures you've engraved on one of my pens! Can't wait to see them in person.

David

Ray Cover said...

Thanks David!