Saturday, August 16, 2008

Close up of Rod building tools











Obviously I am still trying to figure out the ropes on the picture thing. Anyway, the first picture above is a close up of the gauge to measure the action angle of the rod blank. The middle picture is of the double bearing spline tester. The third is of the rod balance which clips into the lathe bed when in use. To the far left of this pic you can the see the rod holder of the static deflection set up. The last pic is of the rod holder end of the ERN guage.
The only thing I really still need here is an upgraded head stock and chuck for the lathe. Hopefully, my wife will get that for me for Christmas this year (if I can stand to wait that long).

If you are interested in the Common Cents rod building system, the Rodbuilding.org forum has a great set of articles that explain it very well. There is a link to the forum on the right of this page.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ray, I think you're doing a good jb with the photos on your blog. I still wrestle with mine on my rodbuilding blog. I am going to put a link to your blog on my blogroll. Check mine out when you get a minute.

Ray Cover said...

Hey nice blog. Lots of good rod info there. The blog roll thing is kinda cool too. I may have to figure out how do that on here.

Ray