Saturday, September 13, 2008

Ready to hunt

This week was spent mostly engraving. My daughter had her hunter safety classes a few evenings this week and most of today. I spent that time with her at the class. She passed her test with a 96% BTW and we are ready to start doing some squirrel hunting to get her ready for deer season this year.

I have done a lot on the falcon pen. I am far enough along that I will probably go ahead and finish that up in the earlier days this coming week. The copper for the dragon knife has arrived. so as soon as the pen is finished I will be back to that. Both of those projects should be finished (or close to it) by the end of this coming week if everything goes right.

I hope to get back to rod work tomorrow after church and finish up some drawings for the African themed knife and the Native American themed knife.

I have also been setting up my own anodizing set up for aluminum and titanium. That will allow me to make my reel seat hardware out of aluminum to reduce weight even farther than the titanium offers. That will be a benefit (I hope) on the ultralight rods.

No comments: