Monday, September 29, 2008

Dragon finished



It was a rainy dreary day out this morning so I did not have my usual sunshine to use my photo box. But all things considered these didn't turn out too bad. I caught a few stray reflections but not horrible. I am sure Mark (the owner) will take better pics. He has a better set up than I do and does a pretty good job with it.

The dragon wraps around the spine of the knife so the dragon dance covers three sides of the folder. The yellow is 24K gold inlay. The red lanterns are copper inlay and the green eyes are emeralds.

This was a very different type of work than I usually do and I found the change to be fun.

Now its back to the bench to finish up the Falcon pen project. I also have pics of my finished rod wraps to post. The reel seat for that is almost ready to anodize. At that point all the components will be ready to glue together into a finished rod.

Ray

No comments: