Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Almost done



Almost done seams to be the theme of the day. I almost have the Dragon Knife done. I almost have the Falcon pen done. I almost have my new aluminum anodizing line finished. The goal is to have them all wrapped up before the weekend is over.

Once the Anodizing line is set up I will be able to make my fly rod parts out of aluminum and anodize them. This will make those ultralight rods a lot better to take that extra weight off.
I have all my chemicals now. I have the agitation device set up in the anodizing tank. It basically is a grid of acrylic tubing drilled full of holes to agitate the tank with aeration. I have my hot tanks (I used cookers and crock pots since my items will be small) for the other chemicals, dyes and sealers set up. Good lighting over the line with the power supply at eye level on a VERY sturdy shelf.

What's left? Well I need to finish the lead plate hook up and the hanging aluminum buss bar to complete the anode and cathode in the system. I need some heavy duty gallon jugs for dye and chemical storage. I still need a rinse tank. I have a water hose just outside the garage door next to the line but I still need a collection tank or tub next to the line for the water from the hose to collect. I think that is about it.

One more part to engrave on the reel seat (Oh ya that's almost done too) and its ready to anodize. I am really looking forward to giving this a shot.

Ray

No comments: