Thursday, July 29, 2010

Another found project

I found another of those not too far in the past projects while searching through some files trying to find something for Steve Lindsay.

This is another one of those techniques that few people realize I do because I don't have many customers ask for it. Yes folks I do sculpt. Actually I really like to sculpt. Thats what I did my graduate work in was sculpture.

This project had a sort of evil green man/tree demon theme to it. David Broadwell and I did this as a collaboration for a client a little over a year ago. The fittings are carved mild steel that were blued. Then I believe David burnished it with extra fine steel wool. The whole effect of the piece was over the top. I wish the photo had more close ups to show the details better.

No comments: